If you’re looking for the perfect, veggie-loaded soup to get you through the Spring and Summer, look no further! This Zucchini Corn Chowder is loaded with fresh, sweet corn, garden zucchini and the perfect amount of red potatoes in every spoonful. It is delightfully sweet from the corn, with a kick of heat from a little cayenne pepper. You’ll want a chunk of bread to dunk into this crave-worthy chowder!
- (2) 32 oz containers veggie stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 3 ears fresh corn, with the corn removed from the ears
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 rounds then quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pour the veggie stock into a large pot and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Add in the onion, potatoes, fresh corn, full can of whole kernel corn, zucchini, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt and stir to combine. Let the soup gently boil for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Let the soup gently simmer for another 5 minutes or so. Serve with crunchy bread or crackers. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes