White Queso Dip is a decadent cheese dip featuring Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese and green chiles. Creamy and dreamy. Grab some tortilla chips and dig into this White Queso!
What is White Queso?
If you have tried any sort of beloved queso dip, then you know the goodness it beholds! White queso isn’t any different – it just features white cheeses! A heavy cream base holds together shredded Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese for a decadent dip. Swirl in some diced green chiles, cumin and white pepper and the dip is ready to go!
A similar comparison for white queso to reqular queso is white chicken chili to regular chili. The flavor profiles of white chicken chili are white queso are on the same wavelength…just minus the chicken and the beans!
When the queso need calls, it’s time to jump to action! That means we need simple ingredients that come together quickly. You never know when you are going to need a decadently cheesy dip! Keep these ingredients on hand to whip up a batch whenever queso calls your heart:
- Heavy cream – whole milk could also be used here. It is the base for the queso so don’t skimp!
- Monterey Jack cheese – it’s creamy and melts beautifully. Use freshly shredded if able to as it will melt better than pre-shredded.
- Cream cheese – this gives the dip that extra decadence that you can’t miss out on! Make sure that it is softened so that it melts into the dip vs. clumping into the dip.
- Diced green chiles – the perfect amount of heat and chile flavor! Green chiles also pair wonderfully with the white cheeses used in this recipe.
- Cumin – this spice gives the recipe an un-replaceable flavor profile. Definitely don’t leave out!
- White pepper – it doesn’t have such a bite as black pepper has and gives a nice, mild pepper flavor.
I like to make this dip in a cast iron skillet as I can go from stovetop to serving and have it still look festive. The queso can also be transferred to a serving bowl or small slow cooker to keep it warm.
An appetizer that is easy to make and everybody loves is a winner to me. When I first made this dip, my mom and I couldn’t stop eating it! Grab a bag of tortilla chips and dig in. But, be careful, it’s hard to exhibit self control around this queso! Well, around any queso, really.
PS: what’s your favorite tortilla chip shape? Triangles, rounds or strips? We usually grab both triangles and strips!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!