These cookie bars are just perfect. Their gooey, cinnamon speckled, white chocolate chip loaded insides are matched with a slightly crunchy exterior provided by a cinnamon sugar dusting that caramelizes in the oven. Can you picture taking a bite of that? I certainly can!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup for dusting prior to baking
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus 1/4 teaspoon for dusting prior to baking
- 11 oz bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. With the mixer speed on low, slowly add in the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture until completely combined and a dough has formed, being careful to not over mix. Using a rubber spatula fold in the white chocolate chips until combined.
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick spray and then line the bottom and sides with parchment paper (this will make for easy removal). Evenly spread the cookie dough in the prepared pan. The dough will be thick and may take a little bit to work it to the sides of the pan, but that is ok.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon until combined. Evenly sprinkle the top of the cookie dough until the whole top is covered.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly in the pan before trying to remove the cookie bars. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes