Stovetop White Cheddar Mac n Cheese is so creamy and deliciously good that you won’t believe it comes together in under 30 minutes. Four different kinds of cheeses, like white cheddar, mozzarella, asiago and parm, are whisked together with heavy cream and milk until decadently creamy. Pour it over al dente cooked pasta shells and stir until the creamy cheese sauce coats every nook and cranny. A simple side dish that is irresistibly good.
- 4 oz white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 oz medium pasta shells
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, pour in the heavy cream and milk. Slowly bring to a low simmer, about 5-10 minutes. Whisk in the shredded white cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan and Asiago cheese and slowly bring back up to a low simmer and allow to thicken slightly, about 10 minutes, being careful to never let the cream boil as it will separate. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta shells according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and add the cooked shells into the cheese mixture and toss to coat completely. Enjoy!
- Any medium pasta shape will work, but shells are my favorite because they hold the cheesy sauce perfectly!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes