White Bean Hummus is a classic hummus recipe made extra creamy and dreamy by the addition of white beans! The chickpeas and white beans marry each other beautifully. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth and dig in!
- (2) 15.5 oz cans Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Place the white beans, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt into a food processor. Blend on low while streaming in the olive oil. Start with 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth. If the hummus is too thick, blend in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil if need be until smooth and spreadable.
- Plate the hummus in swirls on a platter topped with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- The hummus can be made in advance and refrigerated for a couple days.
- There are endless possibilities for the toppings! Olive oil, chives, paprika, flaky sea salt, red onion, feta cheese, queso fresco, pico de gallo, corn salsa, crispy bacon, chorizo, cooked ground lamb…
- Serve with naan, tortilla chips or veggies for dipping!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Food Processor
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 684mg
- Fat: 23.6g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: White Bean Hummus, Hummus, Appetizer