White Bean Hummus is a classic hummus recipe made extra creamy and dreamy by the addition of white beans! The chickpeas and white beans marry each other beautifully. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth and dig in!
White Bean Hummus Ingredients
A classic hummus uses chickpeas as the base, but this recipe features white beans right along side them! In my opinion, the white beans help mellow out the bite that chickpeas can have. Making it a smooth, creamy appetizer dip! Here’s the ingredient details:
- Chickpeas – also called garbanzo beans. I like to purchase the canned version as they are quicker and easier to use, but if you want to soak the beans, cook them and cool them all from scratch, go for it!
- White beans – officially called Great Northern Beans, these beans are mild in flavor and offer a creamy texture! Same as the chickpeas above, they can be purchased canned or dry depending on the amount of work you want to put into them.
- Tahini – a smooth peanut butter-like spread made from sesame seeds. It adds a wonderful nutty flavor to the hummus! A classic hummus ingredient.
- Lemon juice – fresh is best! I can’t emphasize this enough. Since this recipe only has a handful of ingredients, using the best ingredients is really worth it!
- Garlic – fresh garlic cloves are preferred, but this pre-minced garlic always works great too!
- Olive oil – I always keep extra virgin olive oil stocked for every day use!
To get the best, creamiest results, a food processor is highly recommended for this recipe. It will be hard to achieve a creamy, hummus consistency without one.
Topping your freshly prepared hummus may sound strange, but it is SUCH a game changer! Plus, it really opens up all the different possibilities for how the hummus can turn out. Since white beans are a main ingredient, the dip can be taken more Mexican-inspired with toppings. Or, kept traditional Middle Eastern. Either way, it is delicious and will disappear quickly! Here are some topping ideas:
- Olive oil
- Chives/green onion
- Flaky sea salt
- Diced red onion
- Feta cheese
- Queso fresco
- Crispy bacon
- Pico de gallo
- Corn salsa
The possibilities really are endless! How will you top your White Bean Hummus? I went with olive oil. chives, paprika and flaky sea salt and it was DIVINE.
Styling tip: plop the hummus down on the serving platter in several different “blobs” and then swirl them together! The toppings fit better when theres creases and swirls in the hummus.
If I’m being honest, I’m usually not a huge fan of hummus because it can taste bitter to me. BUT, this White Bean Hummus has won over my heart! It’s so creamy and dreamy while still having the classic hummus flavors. It was a huge hit to the whole fam – we ate all of it in one sitting!
Looking for other appetizer recipes? Check these out!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!