Watermelon Tequila Sunrise is a fun, summery twist on a classic cocktail! Sweet, juicy watermelon pairs pefectly with the zesty orange juice. The vibrant colors from the watermelon and orange juice even have this cocktail actually looking like a sunrise! Serving this Watermelon Tequila Sunrise for a brunch gathering will have everyone “oooohing” and “ahhhing.”
- 1/2 cup fresh watermelon cubes
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 standard shot silver tequila
- 6 ounces orange juice
- In the bottom of a tall glass, gently muddle the watermelon. Add the ice in over the top of the muddled watermelon, followed by the tequila and orange juice.
- Leave as is to keep the two colors and flavors of the watermelon and orange separate, or gently stir to combine if desired. Garnish with lemon slices, orange slices, fresh watermelon or mint leaves if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe can be made in a large pitcher form. I would just times the recipe by however many people you are expecting to serve and still follow the same directions of muddling the watermelon in the bottom, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes