Watermelon Tequila Sunrise is a fun, summery twist on a classic cocktail! Sweet, juicy watermelon pairs perfectly with the zesty orange juice. The vibrant colors from the watermelon and orange juice even have this cocktail actually looking like a sunrise! Serving this Watermelon Tequila Sunrise for a brunch gathering will have everyone “oooohing” and “ahhhing.”
Typically, you see mimosas served for a brunch, but why not spice things up a little bit?! You could even set up a make-your-own version of this recipe. Simply put all the ingredients out and let the guests build their own! That way, the hostess doesn’t have to be running around making sure everyone has enough champagne in their glass. Sounds pretty good to me! These Watermelon Tequila Sunrises would especially be fun if you threw a Southwestern-style brunch.
Using a good, sweet watermelon for this recipe is important. No sour watermelon is wanted over here! This cocktail is like a nice, tall glass of Summer.
Only using a handful of ingredients, this cocktail couldn’t make your life any easier. Well, maybe after you drink some of it – then maybe it could make your life a little easier 🙂 . All you will need is some fresh watermelon, crushed ice, silver tequila and orange juice. That’s only four ingredients! Simple and delicious.
Finally, after you’ve assembled your handful of ingredients in a tall glass, top this Watermelon Tequila Sunrise with lemon slices, orange slices, more fresh watermelon or a few mint leaves! Either way you top it, this simple cocktail is sure to turn heads and please a crowd.
Watermelon Tequila Sunrise
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
Watermelon Tequila Sunrise is a fun, summery twist on a classic cocktail! Sweet, juicy watermelon pairs pefectly with the zesty orange juice. The vibrant colors from the watermelon and orange juice even have this cocktail actually looking like a sunrise! Serving this Watermelon Tequila Sunrise for a brunch gathering will have everyone “oooohing” and “ahhhing.”
- 1/2 cup fresh watermelon cubes
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 standard shot silver tequila
- 6 ounces orange juice
- In the bottom of a tall glass, gently muddle the watermelon. Add the ice in over the top of the muddled watermelon, followed by the tequila and orange juice.
- Leave as is to keep the two colors and flavors of the watermelon and orange separate, or gently stir to combine if desired. Garnish with lemon slices, orange slices, fresh watermelon or mint leaves if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe can be made in a large pitcher form. I would just times the recipe by however many people you are expecting to serve and still follow the same directions of muddling the watermelon in the bottom, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
Yum! These look so refreshing. The perfect summer drink!