Watermelon Margaritas are loaded full of sweet summertime flavor! The classic margarita gets a spin with a homemade watermelon juice and fresh cubes of watermelon soaking in all it’s goodness. All you need is a few, simple ingredients to have this delicious cocktail in hand!
For the watermelon base:
- 4 overflowing cups cubed watermelon
- 6 oz lemon lime soda (about half a standard can)
For a Single Serving 10 oz glass:
- 1/2 cup watermelon base
- 1 shot of tequila
- 1/3 cup crushed ice
- Additional watermelon cubes and lime wedges for garnish
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, ground, for the glass rim
For a pitcher:
- All of the watermelon base, about 4-5 cups
- 5 shots of tequila
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Additional cubed watermelon and lime wedges for garnish
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, ground, for the glass rims
To make the watermelon base:
- Add the cubed watermelon and lemon lime soda into a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour through a strainer to strain out the pulp from the juice.
For the glass and pitcher sizes:
- Salt the rims of the glass(es) with the Pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Add the crushed ice into the bottom of your glass or pitcher. Add in the additional watermelon cubes (a few per serving). Pour the tequila over the ice and watermelon.
- Top off the glass or pitcher with the watermelon base/juice. Garnish with additional watermelon cubes and lime wedges. Enjoy!
- Cut your watermelon cubes about 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch or 1 inch x 1 inch.
- You can make the watermelon base a day in advance and store in the refrigerator. You will need to stir it before adding it to the cocktails.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes