Twice Baked Potato Casserole is loaded full of goodies! Everything you would need for a twice baked potato in a casserole form. Gold potatoes are whipped together with sour cream, cream cheese, butter and chives until creamy and smooth. It is then topped with cheddar cheese and baked until bubbly. The perfect mashed potato side dish!
- 5 pounds gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the potatoes into a large pot and fill with enough water to just cover the potatoes. Place the pot on the stove over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Drain and add the potatoes back into the pot.
- Add in the butter, cream cheese, sour cream, salt and 2 teaspoons of the chopped chives. Use a hand mixer to beat all of the ingredients on medium speed until creamy, about a few minutes. Pour the mashed potatoes into a 9×13 baking pan and top with the shredded cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Top the twice baked potato casserole with the remaining chopped chives after taking it out of the oven. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can use a stand mixer or a potato masher.