Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – September 2021 addition! Whew! September has sure been a month for us! From spending a lot of time in the kitchen and studio, to moving out of the first house we built together to everything in between. Let’s jump on into what September was all about!
September started out with John venturing out to Colorado for an elk hunting trip. The guys stayed in a cabin with no plumbing, electricity or air, but loved every minute of it! It was so fun to get the phone call when he got his Mule deer. It was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime buck! With 154 pounds of deer meat for our family, we’re going to be cooking up a lot of venison recipes! He technically still has an elk tag to fill by January, so who knows what will happen!
While John was out in Colorado hunting, I was pedal to the metal in the kitchen and studio getting as many recipes done that I could! I believe the number ended up being 21 recipes in 10 days 😂. The reason being: we moved!
After John got home, it was packing time for us! We moved into a rental house in town for the time being until our next adventure starts. I promise we’ll spill the beans soon! Since we were going to be moving, unpacking, repainting and getting settled into the new house, I wanted to get all my content done beforehand so that I could have time to get all those things done. And I’m sure glad I did!
Our girls (Darbi and Charlee) are still getting used to the city life – especially since there’s a walking path and park behind this house! The amount of dogs walking by still gets Charlee worked up haha! And, come to find out, the previous owners of this house were well-known in the neighborhood, not only with people, but all the dogs too! They would hand out treats to the dogs that came by, so there’s a few disappointed pups looking for treats every day!😂 There’s also an older neighbor that mows the yard in his speedo, so there’s that life adjustment as well haha!
September’s recipes were flavorful and starting to be influenced by Fall flavors and comfort. As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany
- Circle Y Saddle – If you’re in the market for a new saddle, John and I both now have a Circle Y Saddle and love them! I haven’t gotten a new saddle since I was about 12, so it was needed! It’s an investment piece, but will last you forever!
- Target Scalloped Serving Platters – I found these at Target and am in love! Perfect for the upcoming holidays. Plus, they are dishwasher safe! Win win! Multiple color options.
- Target Scalloped Serving Bowls – Might as well get the serving bowls to match the serving platters! I grabbed a couple of these and love how they look. Perfect for salads, sides or pastas!
- Target Coffee Mugs – Can you tell it was a Target-loaded month? Gotta love it! I snagged this “Sweater Weather” mug and can’t wait to get my hands on some holiday ones!
- Target Cardigan – This is a staple, gotta-have cardigan! I sized up for a looser, more comfy fit. I can’t wait till the temperatures drop low enough to wear it with some leggings!
- Target Shacket – I finally jumped on the shacket bandwagon and love the fit of this one! Doesn’t feel too heavy, covers the bum and comes in a couple different color options. I went with the fun white/lilac one to change things up a bit!
- Husky Work Table – I snagged this work table from Home Depot and am so glad I did! Not only can I use it for shooting recipes (it goes up and down, too!), but we are also using it for a second “island” to have our barstools around as the current island doesn’t have space for barstools. Very versatile and so glad I got it!
- Anthropologie Finn Pie Dish – I ordered this for the upcoming holiday season and love it! It even came with an apple crisp recipe attached!
- Anthropologie Pink Stoneware Pie Dish – I love the colors and patterns of this pie dish too!
- Anthropolgie Osie Apron – I cant wait to wear this apron this holiday season! Love the colors, material and fit of this apron.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!