Welcome to another Monthly Scoop – October 2021 edition! October is one of my favorite months of the year and this one sure didn’t disappoint. From lots of yummy recipes. to wonderful, Fall trail rides to all the Thanksgiving prep work. Let’s jump on into the last month!
October was a jam-packed month – it sure flew by! We went on lots of trail rides with Queso & Amos with all of the gorgeous, Fall weather we had. Especially after harvest, riding through the harvest cornfields is always something we love to do! Picking apples on horseback straight from the apple trees my Grandpa planted and getting to feed them straight to Ques & Amos. They have finally grown to love apples and it’s been great!
I also started a new business goal for myself this month: post a new recipe every Monday-Friday until the end of the year! So far, so good! 🙂 It’s actually been going really well and I am finding a new groove with the schedule. Plus, it’s fun to get all these recipes out to you guys! Who knows, might just keep this up!
Since I post my Thanksgiving menu every year on November 1st, we were also busy bringing all the Thanksgiving recipes to life! I had the help of my Mom and Mother-in-Law in the kitchen and Trevv Colson Media there filming every recipe. That’s right – every Thanksgiving recipe this year has both photos and a video! This time of year is always a fun push of cooking and recipes.
We also got to go to several fun, Fall attractions with friends. Craft/antique festivals, football games and pumpkin patches. You just can’t miss those type of things during the Fall!
October’s recipes were comforting and loaded full of Fall flavor. As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany
- Hearth & Hand Magnolia Slow Cookers – I’ve had my eye on these slow cookers and I’m so glad that I finally grabbed a couple! I went with a 6 quart and a 3 quart – I love how the color looks so trendy on the countertop!
- Target White Storage Totes – we snagged a few of these for our closet and I love how sleek they look!
- Kut from the Kloth Jeans – found these jeans at Scheels and they are super stretchy and comfortable! Definitely size down.
- Pass the Gravy Sweater & I’m Here for the Food Sweater – I got to design these sweaters with Katie from Timberfields and they turned out so great! Perfect for Thanksgiving, game day or snuggly up on the couch!
- Pink Pursuit Insta-Dry Nail Polish – I’ve been using this nail polish for my recipe video filming days and I really love the color! A very white, milky, light pink.
- William’s Sonoma Thanksgiving Platter – I ordered this for my Thanksgiving shoot and LOVE it… it has matching plates that I’m very tempted by. Super cute!