Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – November 2020 edition! We’re diving into all the Thanksgiving goodies that were made and scrumptious, cozy recipes for this colder weather! Plus, we’ve got lots to talk about with it now being December! Bring on the Christmas spirit!
Do you guys just feel like we blinked and it’s December already? Holy moly!
November was a fun, laid-back month for us. We had some nice, warm temperatures which we took advantage of for long trail rides on Queso and Amos. We’ll take any chance we can get to go for a ride with our boys! Speaking of which, they have now become treat-o-holics and check our pockets every time they see us. It’s pretty darn cute. They are also weaned to the pasture full-time and had their first full nights out there a couple days ago – they’re all grown up! Proud mom moment.
When November comes around, we automatically think about Thanksgiving. This year, we kept it super low key and spent the morning out on a trail ride and came back home to make dinner for the two of us. It was so great! John whipped up the classics side dishes (green bean casserole and cornbread casserole) while I got a chicken roasting in the oven and mashed potatoes going. It was just what we needed! We also binge watched our first Christmas movies of the year on Netflix: The Christmas Chronicles 1 & 2. They are super cute movies if you haven’t seen them – definitely recommend!
Also, the Christmas tree is definitely already up! Last year, we made the leap and got this flocked Christmas tree and it’s now become our favorite! We love it! How cute are Darbs and Charles cuddled up by the tree?
November’s recipes were, of course, centered around Thanksgiving, comfort and food to gather around! As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
PS: a lot of the Thanksgiving recipes would also be perfect for Christmas! 🙂
- Sugar Cookie Kisses – holy guacamole these things are addicting and taste just like a sugar cookie! You gotta give them a try!
- Cookbooks – I snagged a couple new cookbooks this month and not only love the recipe ideas in them, but the photos are beautiful! Dessert Person and Tartine.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich – ok, hear me out: for a drive thru breakfast sandwich, this one is pretty darn good! Not greasy and just the right size!
- Carhartt Denim Jacket – so maybe I was supposed to wait to get this as a Christmas present from John…. but I just couldn’t wait haha! I love the color of the denim and that it has full-swing arms on it. No tight-armed denim jacket here! Full movement, function and style.
- Carhartt Flannel – since I already snagged the jacket, I had to get a cute flannel for underneath it! I love Carhartt’s sizing and fit – everything fits like it should and gives you room to move!
- Roomba – we finally caved and got a Roomba this year on Black Friday! We’ve been talking about it for the past couple years and finally took the plunge. I have to admit, this thing is pretty darn good! We named her Rhonda. We found the best deal/price to be at Costco!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! Time to dive straight into the Christmas spirit!
And don’t forget:
KJ Christmas Cookie Week is happening December 7-11th with fun giveaways at the end of the week! Make sure to check in on Instagram for all the details! 🙂