Welcome to another Monthly Scoop Post – June 2021 edition! How crazy it is to me that June is over already. Packed with so many goodies, this past month was one for the books! Adventures, cooking, weddings and so much more. Let’s dive in!
June started out with a trip to Colorado! One of John’s brothers got married (did you know he has 5 brothers?!) and it was a fun family trip out. We journeyed out a few days before the wedding to have more of a vacation and time with family. John and I hiked the Trading Post Trail up around the Red Rocks Amphitheater and it was perfect! Gorgeous views with just the right amount of hiking to start working up a sweat, but not too much that you’re done for the rest of the day haha. Multiple trips were made to Playa Bowls for acai bowls that were SO good. Seriously, we’re sitting on the couch craving them as we speak. The electric mermaid with half acai half pitaya was my jam.
On our way back to Nebraska, we made a fun, little stop for our 7th wedding anniversary – we volunteered at the Long Hopes Donkey Shelter! Located just east of Denver, it is definitely worth it! You book the experience through AirBNB and spend a couple hours learning about donkeys and helping take care of them. They are SO stinking cute! Definitely on our way to having some donkeys in the future🤓. Plus, they had a baby donkey that was only a few months old that just MELTS your heart!
After getting back home, we went on late night trail rides with Ques & Amos since it has been VERY hot here in NE. But that’s ok with me, because that means you get to see some beautiful sunsets! The boys have been doing so well this past month and they both celebrated birthdays! Queso is now 6 and Amos is 5 – growing up so fast! And! They both got shoes for the first time this year! The shoes will help their hooves to not chip as much out on our adventures.
June’s recipes were loaded full of Summer flavor! As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- William’s Sonoma Goldtouch Baking Pans – I originally got these for photography purposes because they are so pretty, but these have been the best baking pans I’ve ever used! Definitely a new staple!
- Little Movements Empowerment Sports Bra – this sports bra holds you in and makes you feel confident! I love that it’s a longer cut and I can feel comfortable wearing it as a top itself when working out.
- Trader Joe’s Acai Packets – since getting back from CO and having such good acai bowls when we were there, we had to find some sort of substitute. Trader Joe’s does it again! Note: these are unsweetened and need a bit of honey. I like to eat mine with a banana, honey and dark chocolate chips.
- Canon R6 – it was also a big month because I invested in a new camera for KJ & Co! This mirrorless R6 has been unreal to use. Not only is it efficient, but the photos and video are SO crispy good!
- Golden Hour Hearth & Hand Candles/Diffusers – holy moly this is by far our new favorite scent! I originally got an oil diffuser for our master bathroom, and we have since then purchased more for other rooms along with some candles. The Citrus Grove scent is also wonderful!
- Target Plastic Plates & Bowls – I just couldn’t resist these when I was walking by and I’m so glad I didn’t! Not only is the price point appealing, but the plates and bowls have been wonderful! I’ve even been using them in photos. I can’t wait to have a little outdoor dinner with them.
- Lululemon – alright, I finally caved and got some Lululemon and it feels like BUTTER. The price point is definitely hard to swallow, but John and I went together and both picked out some items that we love! He’s obsessed with these pants and I loved all of the Align collection.
- Downton Abbey – John and I started binge watching it on Netflix and are hooked. We’ve already finished all 6 seasons! Now, time for the movie!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!