Welcome to another Monthly Scoop Post – January 2022 edition! Happy New Year, everybody! January always seems like a month that never ends. From comforting recipes, to picking up new crocheting hobby, to snowy walks and 60 degree trail ride days, let’s jump into all January 2022 had to offer!
Since we had a couple trips in December, we eased into the New Year. It was wonderful! I reached my goal this last Fall of posting a new recipe every day Monday – Friday until the end of the year. It was challenging, but also fun to do! After taking a reader’s poll, I am going back to new recipes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday – which felt like a nice gear shift down from running every day of the week!
John and I LOVE the Harry Potter series and only allow ourselves to watch it once a year: sometime after Christmas when it is snowy and cold. And that is just what the beginning of January was! The perfect timing for our yearly movie marathon. It’s a time of the year that we both love. It then snowballed into all sorts of move marathons: Star Wars and the extended versions of The Hobbits/The Lord of the Rings. During which, I was also consumed with my new hobby: crocheting!
Now, my mom is an amazing craft-oriented person. She is always working on something! She’s gone from scrapbooking, to rug hooking, to crocheting, to knitting (just to name a handful). I had told her before Christmas that I would consider re-learning how to crochet, which led to me receiving all the crochet and yarn goodies for Christmas! Let me just tell you, I’m hooked (pun intended 😂). We can now share in the yarn addiction. So far, I’ve crocheted 5 different scarfs in the month of January. It’s such a great way to wind down and de-stress! My next endeavor is going to be making crocheted hair scrunchies. PS: here’s a great tutorial I found on Youtube for crocheting an infinity scarf!
I spent the majority of January with one of the most stubborn sinus infections I’ve ever had. After a couple rounds of antibiotics, rest and keeping on top of my asthma treatments, I’m finally starting to feel some relief! I hate being knocked out with something for so long, so I’m excited to get back into my regular routine. My poor little nose has had it rough! The last day of January was abnormally warm here in Nebraska (60 degrees!) so John and I had to sneak out to the farm to take the boys on a trail ride. It felt good to get back in the saddle!
January’s recipes were comforting and perfect for Winter! As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany
- Bible highlighters – we finally got some highlighters that don’t bleed through the thin pages of the Bible and it’s a game changer! They feel weird at first, almost like a soft crayon feeling, but they highlight perfectly and don’t bleed or smudge.
- Target hoodie/jogger set – I snagged this matching set from Target and it is SO comfy! A lot of fun colors, too. I went with the minty green color.
- Target knit sweater – I loved the pretty lilac color!
- Target quilted sweater – I love how this has a knitted look, but is regular sweater material. I sized up for a slouchy fit!
- Target brownie bites – ok, so I grabbed these for a recipe without thinking much about them. They are SO good! I’ve now bought them twice and each time the cashiers have said something amazing about them.
- Duluth canvas tote – my mom gave me this tote for for all my yarn and goodies and I love it! The exact tote I have is sold out, so I linked the larger version of it.
- Target cotton blanket – John actually grabbed this on one of our Target trips and we now both fight over it on the couch. Might have to snag another!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!