Welcome to the Monthly Scoop – February 2023! Even though February was a short month, it was loaded full of so many wonderful things! From delicious recipes, time at the beach, to getting settled into our new home, let’s jump into what all February had in store!
We started off the month by continuing to settle into our new home. Boxes are still being unpacked and we’ve reached the stage where we can start decorating, but this house feels more and more like a home every day. God is truly good!
I broke in the new stove by making a quick and comforting batch of goulash. My ohhhh my it was SO good! There’s nothing better than classic comfort food. I’ve since made it several times for dinner this past month because we’ve just been craving it.
After a quick week in the new house, we hopped on an airplane with some friends and went down to Anna Maria, Florida. We absolutely love it there! We vacationed there last year as well, and just knew we had to go back! It’s such a laid-back city with the best white, sandy beaches. You can easily walk to all the local restaurants and shops. It’s a place that we feel like we can keep going back to again and again! If you’re looking for a wonderful beach vacation, Anna Maria is the winner!
While we were down there, we spent plenty of time at the beach, lounging by the pool, exploring the town and even had an adventure day at Sea World! It was a great trip with great friends.
Once back home, we jumped right back into it! Cooking, cleaning, unpacking, organizing…all the things! I’m excited to get to work on fully organizing the kitchen since it is officially finished now. When we moved in, we removed the microwave from above the stove and replaced it with a vent hood. Such a great decision! Now that all the tile work, painting and trim work is complete, it’s time to organize all the cabinets!
February recipes were appetizer focused (Super Bowl, duh) and kept the theme of slow cooker and sheet pan from January sprinkled in. As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany
- Old Navy Crop Tee – took this to Florida and LOVED it! It’s the perfect amount of crop to wear with shorts and not feel all exposed. I hope they make more colors!
- Old Navy Swim Suit – this is my second year of buying a swim suit from Old Navy and I’m hooked. The fabric is so comfy, there’s cute fits/patterns and it doesn’t break the bank!
- Old Navy Socks – I mean, they have eggs and croissants and waffles on them….
- No-spill Dog Feeder & Water Bowl – this thing has been a LIFESAVER. With a yellow lab that makes a bit a of a mess when she drinks water, having this water bowl on hand that gathers all the water and keeps it off the floor is SO nice.
- Dish & Hand Soap Bottles – with our sink being in the island now, I wanted cute bottles for the dish and hand soap since they were going to always be in sight. Love these!
- Sponge Holder – just like the soap dispensers, I didn’t want a sponge always sitting there. I LOVE this cute sponge holder! Plus, it helps to not make such a mess when washing dishes!
- Shark Steam Mop – I snagged this to help keep the wood floors clean in our new house and it works like a CHARM. How have I not had one of these before?!
- Costco Blanket – if you follow along on Insta, then you know how amazing these blankets are! We may have gotten 3 of them… and I’ve since gotten them for friends and family haha!
- The People We Meet on Vacation Book – a good beach/Summer/light read!