Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – February 2021 addition! February is always one of those months that flies on by. With bone-chilling temperatures and LOTS of snow, it was a good month to stay snuggled in and whip up a bunch of recipes! Let’s dive on in.
In my January Monthly Scoop post, I talked about the crazy amount of snow we got here in Nebraska. Well, February didn’t want to be out-done! But instead of snow, we had some serious cold temperatures. We’re talking negative 25 at night and high of negative 10 during the day. When we have temperatures that cold, we have to do some horse shuffling. Meaning, our two boys needed to be brought inside and the back pasture horses brought over to the barn pasture that ours are usually in.
Even though the boys did go a little stir-crazy being stuck in the barn for a couple weeks. we were able to have lots of fun bonding time together! Temperatures are rising back up and we can’t wait to get back out on the trails when they are so darn muddy with all the melting snow.
Currently, I’m sitting on my best friend’s couch typing up this post out in Grand Rapids, Michigan. John and I did a whole surprise vacation that I can’t wait to tell you more about when we get back! I’m thinking we need a whole post about it because we are having such a grand ol’ time! See what I did there? Grand old time in Grand Rapids?? 🙂
PS: these fun photos were taken at the end of January but I haven’t shared them all with you yet! We are definitely missing our two, snuggly girls.
February’s recipes are a mixture of desserts, appetizers, main dishes and cozy bowls of soup. As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- Netflix shows – Dream Home Makeover and Meat Eater have been our favs this past month!
- Amazon hat – I wore this hat for my photo shoot with Queso and I ended up really liking it! Plus, it’s only like $15 so that’s a win!
- Dime Beauty – I have absolutely been loving the Dime Beauty products! I’ve been working on switching over my skincare and makeup to more natural products. I’ve been using “The Works” skincare from Dime and their matte lippies and their lip glosses – not sticky at all! Their products have done wonders for my skin.
- Ilia Beauty – I switched over to some of their natural beauty products and am OBSESSED. The Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40, True Skin Serum Concealer, Soft Focus Finishing Powder, Multi-Stick, Illuminator, and the Tinted Lip Conditioner have been my favs!!
- Honest Beauty – I wanted some more natural body lotions so I tried out Honest beauty and love it! Plus, I feel safe and clean putting it on my skin.
- Casa Bovina – there’s a new restaurant in Lincoln that you just have to try out! We went there on Valentine’s Day weekend and it was SO good!
Doesn’t March always seem like one of those month’s that never ends? Well, let’s make it a good one! I can’t wait to share about our trip to Grand Rapids and whip up even more yummy recipes!