Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – December 2020 edition! Holy guacamole batman, how is 2020 done already?! It’s like the year that drug on and flew by at the same time. This past December has been such a fun month. Between festive holiday recipes, Christmas cookie week, time with family and friends and trail rides that we’ll remember forever, it was a month that I can’t wait to give you the scoop on!
If you follow along with me on Instagram, then you might already know the story of the hilarious trail ride we had on Queso & Amos in the snow! Never in my life have I ever seen two horses have so much fun in the snow. We were casually riding along on a nice, winter trail ride, when BOOM – they both stopped, dropped and started rolling in the snow at the same time! John and I were able to crawl off into the snow drift before getting rolled on, so thankfully everyone walked away ok, but we could not stop laughing!! These boys sure do know how to have fun! You can see all the laughable videos on my Instagram, as I just so happened to be filming when all of this went down.
I also officially got on TikTok – so that happened…haha! Man, did it make me feel old. It took me awhile to figure it out! I’ll primarily be posting recipe videos, but will toss in a few funny things along the way. Like my “Wives of Home Depot” video…we’ve all been there.
Christmas time was casual and laid back, which was nice! I was finally able to spill the beans on my Christmas presents to John – I’m the worst at keeping secrets from him! My mom made and INSANELY good beef wellington for Christmas dinner. We both agreed that it will need to make it’s way to the blog next year!
Even though we did get a lot of snow (WHICH I AM STOKED ABOUT), the beginning of the month started with some warmer temperatures, so we got as much riding time in as we could! Even went for our first bareback rides on Ques & Amos. Tired of pictures of them yet? Hope not, because they are going to keep coming! Haha!
Have also been getting as much snuggle time with my girls, Darbi and Charlee, as I can! Especially with our snow day (6 inches!) that we had!
December’s recipes were festive, comforting, loaded full of flavor and Christmas cheer! KJ Christmas Cookie Week was a BLAST – so make sure you check out all the scrumptious cookie recipes! As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- Old Navy Jeans – I snagged these Old Gravy jeans and OH MY, they are so comfortable! Definitely worth it!
- Nespresso Machine – still to this day, receiving our Nespresso coffee machine as a Christmas present was one of the best things. It’s a life saver! We’ve been loving the caramel cookie coffee.
- 2021 Planner – for the first time ever, I actually got my planner before the new year started! I’ve been using these planners for several years now and LOVE them! They are durable, cute and have so many good functionalities.
- Coffee Mugs – I always use this time of the year as an excuse to buy cute coffee mugs… I just can’t help it! We love our new “dog mom” and “dog dad” mugs.
- Story Worth – this just may be the coolest thing we’ve stumbled upon! You gift a family member or friend with it – Story Worth will send them a weekly question in which they respond with a story. The story is then sent to whomever is on the recipient list on a weekly basis. Then, at the end of the year, Story Worth prints all the stories in a book! So you can easily get a book of life stories from a loved one! We gifted our parents with it this year for Christmas and love the stories already!
Believe it or not, January is upon us! Are you ready for it? I’m about 50/50 right now haha! Tell me, are you going to be eating healthier in the New Year? John has decided to try out Paleo – I’m not sure I can get completey on board. I’ve gotta have my bread! But, we’ve decided on a happy medium and he said he is still going to try bites of my blog recipes 🙂