Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – August 2021 edition! August sure was a busy one between cooking, listing and selling our house and unfortunately both of us getting sick. Let’s dive into all the details!
We started out the month by officially listing our house! It ended up selling within 3 days and we are so incredibly grateful for that – I don’t know if I’ve ever vacuumed so much within such a short time period haha! All the fun and exciting details about our next adventure will be coming soon, so hold tight! 😊
It wasn’t too long after that both John and I ended up getting sick with covid and having to quarantine for 2 weeks. I started showing symptoms first, so the doctors were asking me where I think I could have gotten it from – I work from home and go to the grocery store so the options are limited! 😂 It was interesting how differently it affected both of us. Since I have asthma and not the best lungs the way it is, my symptoms were primarily respiratory, which was always the major concern for my health. John’s were more fever/body ache symptoms. We both unfortunately lost our taste and smell, but thank goodness mine is back! We’re feeling better every day and getting back into the normal swing of things. It sure did take us out for a bit!
Even though we were sick and not feeling well, we were blown away by the amazing people we have in our life who reached out, offered to help, bring us food and keep tabs on us. Family, friends and neighbors truly are a blessing! A lot of Panera broccoli cheddar soup was eaten.
John and I binged-watched about everything we could. From tv shows, movie series to YouTube videos, we were running out of options haha! One thing I did love about having to slow down was that I got back into reading. I used to love reading and would almost every day, so it was nice to pick that habit back up! Send me all your favorite book recommendations!
PS: my mom sending us daily pictures of our boys while we were sick was the best thing ever😘
August’s recipes were loaded full of sweet summertime flavor. From desserts, to quick and delicious dinners, it was a month of fun recipes! As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany
- The Crown – we finally got on board and watch The Crown on Netflix and it was pretty darn good!
- The Recipe Box – this was good, wholesome book to read. Nothing fancy, but a good-feeling read!
- The Queen’s Secret – this has been a good book to read especially since we just got done watching The Crown! Definitely helpful in knowing all the names and characters better.
- Wheat & Honey Co Painted Bible – I’ve been using the same Bible since I was 12, so I finally splurged and got a new one! The hand-painted Bibles from Wheat & Honey Co are GORGEOUS. Would make such a fun gift too!
- Everyday Entertaining – everyone needs this amazing cookbook! And if you don’t follow Elizabeth from The College Housewife on Insta, you are missing out!
- Target Joggers – ok, these are the most amazing, lightweight joggers! I’ve literally been checking Target weekly online to see if they’ve re-stocked any sizes/colors – I want to get my hands on a black pair! I have the “brown” color which is more like a mauve and love them!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!