Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – August 2020 edition! Last month’s monthly scoop was dedicated to my horse, Motor, since his passing. So, we have a lot to catch up on from the past couple months! We’re talking about all things that have been happening, recipes, monthly favorites and much more – let’s get started!
In case you missed last month’s monthly scoop post that was dedicated to my horse Motor from his passing, you can read all about it here!
Ok, is it just me, or is this year FLYING by?! I can’t believe that we are already at the end of August. We have some catching up to do!
July was a busy month in many different ways – and oh boy was it hot! The beginning of the month started out with a sunflower patch photoshoot for my birthday with John and our best friends. It was a blast! Here are some of the snaps that Haley Chicoine took for us:
We did lots of fishing and FINALLY did some landscaping in the backyard – only took us a few years haha. My mom found the most beautiful, delicate roses for sale at Home Depot and it was a perfect fit. I’ve kept them alive so far so I think we’re on the right track!
If you read last month’s monthly scoop, then you will know how July ended for us. It is beyond saddening to lose Motor, but he gave us 30 wonderful years packed full of memories. He will forever be my Mo!
You know one of the best things about August? PEACHES! Peaches are hands down one of my favorite fruits and peach season is just the best. From eating them fresh out of the box to baking up delicious peach cobblers, I just can’t get enough of them!
Are you a peach skin fan or do you peel yours? I love peach skins! So I alwasy leave mine on.
Haley and I also did a fun photoshoot/headshot photoshoot for each other at The Commonspace Studio! The space is the perfect size and has all of that yummy, natural light that just makes you swoon. And that pink wall! Speaks right to my heart! Here are some of the shots we got:
Recipes the past couple months have focused on seasonal Summer ingredients, sweet treats and fun drinks. As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- Target T-Shirt Dress – ok, I’m so obsessed with this dress I bought it in four different colors. It’s just so perfect to be able to throw on and and go! Add a jean jacket, tie a button-down around your waist, or throw on a cute hat. The possibilities are endless!
- Target Shorts – with Summer temps, I had was in the search of some comfy denim shorts and these gold denim ones are so cute! Plus, all day comfort and coverage.
- Nelson Produce Farm – if you’re in Nebraska, then you need to make a stop by this cute farm! Pick your own produce, stroll around the farm or wander through their sunflower field.
- Old Navy Masks – who would’ve thought that face masks would be a thing, huh? Well, Old Navy has the best ones by far if you ask me! They fit both John and I great, wash well and there are so many fun patterns to choose from!
- Old Navy Jeans – ok , these are the perfect jeans! I was looking for a comfortable, easy pair of denim that I could throw on and go – these are it! Can’t wait to transition into Fall with these bad boys.
- Old Navy Baby Clothes – since we don’t have any kids of our own yet, we love to get to spoil our best friend’s little one any time we can! Can we just take a minute to talk about how stinking cute Old Navy’s baby clothes are?! Seriously, why can’t they make these in big person size haha.
- American Eagle Boyfriend Shorts – back on the same track of finding a good pair of denim shorts, you gotta try these boyfriend shorts! They are nice and lightweight and fit perfectly.
- Camera Backpack – with second shooting weddings with Haley, I was in need of a new camera backpack. I snagged this one from Amazon and Haley ended up getting one too! We love them!
- True & Co Bras – ok, so we all need a comfortable bra, right? RIGHT. You have to give these a try!
- Netflix Favorites – we’ve been doing plenty of binge watching on Netflix the past couple months. Here’s what we’ve been watching: The Lost Husband, Down to Earth, Sweet Magnolias, Hart of Dixie, Virgin River and Heartland!
- Commonspace Studio – if you are looking for a natural light studio in Lincoln, NE then you need to check out Commonspace Studio! It was so fun to be able to rent the space for our headshot photoshoot.
- Camera Flash – when second shooting weddings, I was in need of a flash for darker lighting conditions. But, I’m looking forward to experimenting with some fun food photography shots!
- Portable Charger – in need of a portable charger to keep your phone/electronics charged? This puppy works great!