Welcome to another post of The Monthly Scoop! We’re going to unpack all the goodies from August and, boy-oh-boy, do we have a lot to cover! August was loaded with all sorts of wonderful things: the new website launched, 14 delicious recipes were posted and a lot of Gilmore Girls was binged-watched. Let’s jump on in!
Before we get into all the yummy recipes from August, let’s start with a little bit of adventure! Our family has a cabin up in Minnesota on the lake and we were able to travel up there this year. The cabin was packed full of family and it was a grand-old time! Getting up to the lake really gives you a chance to un-wind and take it easy. Crystal clear water awaits you and the fish are ready to bite. Speaking of which, I was able to catch my first monster walleye! 7 pounds, 10 ouces and coming in at 27 1/2 inches long. I keep reminding John that my fish ended up being 1/2 inch longer than his .
Now, let’s dive on into all the new recipes from August! From desserts, to cocktails, to dinner and all the way to breakfast recipes, there was plenty to go around! Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- Artillery Media – I still can’t get over how they did such an amazing job on my new website! As I’ve been utilizing my new website this past month, I’ve been noticing simple changes that they’ve made and/or preloaded for me to make my life easier. If you ever have any website/design needs, head their way!
- These new cutting boards – a simple purchase that has made my life so much easier! I love the quality and price point of these cutting boards. I only had 2 cutting boards previously, so these were definitely needed! Anyting that fits in dishwasher is a win in my book.
- Gilmore Girls – I’ve never seen it before (all the gasps, I know), so we have been binge watching it on Netflix! Dare I say I like it better than Friends?? We’re on season 5 so we still have a ways to go, but it’s quickly become a favorite!
- Trader Joe’s – I’ve re-kindled my love for Trader Joe’s this past month and have discovered some new staples to have on hand from them. Some of them are their riced cauliflower, supreme frozen pizza, dark chocolate peanut butter cups and their almond meal muffins. Maybe a full blog post sometime on all my Trader Joe’s must-haves? Oh, and their lemon kitchen hand soap smells divine!
- Native deodarant – John and I both switched to Native, which is natural deodarant without all the yucky stuff in it, and we have both fallen in love with it! My favorite scent is their summertime Mandarine & White Peach and John has been liking their Citrus & Herbal Musk.
- Fishing – We clearly spent a lot of time fishing together in Minnesota, but that didn’t stop there. John definitely has the fishing-fever (heck, I even got my own fishing pole for my birthday) and it has been a fun activity that we can do together. Now, I’m not quite on the obsession level as he his, but it’s fun to have an outdoor’s activity that we can do together. He can go out at 5 in morning, though – I’ll stay in bed haha.
Fall, cooler weather, holidays and cozy cardigans are right around the corner and I am 100000% ready for it! Fall and Winter are my prime-time and I just can’t get enough of it! All the cozy and holiday-inspired recipes are going to be coming your way, so get ready for it! **Happy dance time**