Welcome to another Monthly Scoop post – April 2022 edition! April was a busy month of settling back into a normal routine after the wild ride March gave us. A lot of time was spent in the kitchen, crocheting (I finished my first blanket!) and spending time out at the farm. Let’s jump into all April had to offer!
Since March was such a whirlwind (read more about that here!), April was spent settling back into our normal routines. Which means I spent a lot of time in the kitchen which I loved! Plus, it’s getting warmer, so the grill and smoker were fired up several times. Who’s ready for grilling season?! I sure am!
The beginning of April was busy with all the yummy Easter content going live. You can check out the Easter Menu here and save it for whenever you need some fun, festive holiday recipes!
Even though the temperatures have been getting warmer, the wind has been next level here in Nebraska the past month! My mom said it even affected her garden planting – all her seeds would just blow right away! With warmer weather comes Nebraska storms, which we have had a few of already this past month. Personally, I’m not a fan of tornadoes – I’d much rather have a blizzard any day!
I finished off my first crochet blanket which also happened to be my mom’s Mother’s Day present, so I gave it to her early haha! I was way too excited to share it and wasn’t about to wait a couple weeks for Mother’s Day. I used this pattern and it was so fun to make! Just the right amount of consistency and fun stitches combined.
We finished off the month by house-sitting the farm for my parents. It was, of course, windy and stormy, but we got to sneak in a sunny trail ride! Charlee got her first shave of the year and I always forget how itty bitty she is underneath all that fluff. Disclaimer: tick season is upon us and I am not okay with it haha!
April’s recipes were loaded full of fun, festive Easter recipes. Followed up by casual, delicious recipes that are perfect for weeknight meals and weekend baking projects. As always, I strived to create fun, delicious recipes with easily accessible ingredients that you feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany
- Target laundry basket – these mint green laundry baskets called my name right away! Love how much room they have as well.
- Anthropologie plates – I ordered a new batch of “daily” dishes to use for food photography purposes and I completely love this whole set!
- Crate & Barrel colander – cute and functional!
- Old Navy jacket – lightweight, functional and I love the slight feminine details! I loved it so much I ordered it in two colors!
- Old Navy skort – I know, I know, skorts are a thing again? Yes! I finally jumped on this bandwagon and love this skort. It has lots of pockets and will be perfect for golfing, running errands or even fishing in this summer!
- Old Navy sweater – this is the most perfect sweater. It has that perfectly worn feel to it and I love the purple color! Great for everyday wear or lounging.
- Target sneakers – I love these sneakers! Perfect for everyday, casual wear!
- Pillow Slides Cloud slippers – I was reminded again how much I absolutely love these slippers and couldn’t do without them. I have several pairs: a studio pair, indoor pair, and outdoor pair!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!