It’s that time again: Monthly Scoop – April 2020 edition! Can you believe that April is here and gone already? This year is flying by to me! April showed us warm, 80 degree weather along with one last heavy snow fall. From eating delicious food, adapting to grocery pick-up, celebrating a horse’s 30th birthday to binge watching The Golden Girls, April was a month to remember! Let’s dive on in!
First off, this cutie above turned 30 on April 1st! And I’m talking about the horse, not John ;). Motor has been the best horse out there a girl could ask for – he’s a best friend, faithful steed and a spunky partner in crime all in one little, but mighty package. Happy 30th birthday, Mo!
April was also a month of adjusting to creating recipes with pantry staples and working with what you have on hand. Did you know that the motto for KJ & Company is “Recipes for the Home Cook?” That’s right! I took a poll on Instagram, and only a portion of you guys knew that, so I wanted to make sure to get the word out! 🙂 What that means is that I focus on making recipes that you will feel comfortable making in your own kitchen. With easily accessible ingredients, recipes for the home cook are for any family, occassion, or skill level! Let’s take a look:
April recipes were a fun and delicious! Since the motto for KJ & Company is “Recipes for the Home Cook”, I really wanted to focus and emphasize this during this time of cooking with what you have on hand. Click on your favorite recipe below and get to cookin’! If you make any of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email, post a comment or share on social media tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany!
- First off, how have we never watched The Golden Girls before?! SO funny. We binge watched all 7 seasons within a month.
- Fixer Upper – keeping up on the binge watching train, we’ve now moved onto Fixer Upper! I’m glad that we already have an open layout house plan, because otherwise I think John would have knocked down a wall or two by now. If we start adding shiplap everywhere, send help.
- Grocery Pick-Up: with all that’s been going on, I’ve been utilizing the “Aisles Online” feature at my local Hyvees! It’s been a great system for John to just swing by and pick everything up on his way home.
- Garden work – we’re back to garden updates with my mom’s greenhouse! It’s been so fun already to see everything she has growing. We are also working on some fun garden projects and posts that will be coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Bananagrams – if you’ve never played it, you’re missing out! Its a fun game for John and I to sit down and play with some Golden Girls or Fixer Upper on in the background. It’s like a quick-paced Scrabble.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I put together a fun, little gift guide to help spark some ideas! Read the full post here!
I’m really excited for the recipes to come in May – I’ve got some fun ideas up my sleeve! Be on the lookout because there will also be some more garden content and things you can do right at your own home! With Mother’s Day and a couple birthdays to celebrate, I feel like May is going to be another month that flies on by, so let’s hang on tight to all the goodies to come!