Guac doesn’t cost extra around here!
Just 5 ingredients + few minutes = the Best Simple Guacamole Recipe (ever).
It’s bright, fresh, and totally dipworthy. Grab some chips and dunk right in! This hassle-free guacamole is sure to disappear right before your eyes.
Plus, it’s pretty dang healthy, too! How much better can it get?
Why KJ Loves
The Best Simple Guacamole
Guac lovers unite! This recipe is simple and straightforward while delivering a creamy and delicious guacamole perfect for any chip to scoop up. What’s not to love?!
All About Avocados
Picking out avocados can seem like a daunting task. Are they ripe or not?
Plus, one minute you look at them they aren’t ripe yet. Then the next minute they are too far gone 😭
Avocados can be finicky, so here is how to pick out good ones:
- The skin should be slightly soft to the touch and starting to turn a darker color.
- Remove the stem at the top to get a glimpse of the inside of the avocado without cutting into it – a nice, light green color is what you want! 🥑
What if your avocado isn’t ripe yet? Simply place it into a paper bag with an apple. Close the bag, and you’ll have a ripe avocado in about a day.
Simple Guacamole Ingredients
Since this guacamole recipe only requires a few, simple ingredients, it’s important that they’re high-quality! That way, all the flavors truly shine.
Skins removed and pitted
Fresh lime juice is definitely worth it over the bottled stuff
Salt to taste
I like to use flaky Maldon sea salt in my guac instead of regular salt. It is a more subtle salt flavor vs. in-your-face salt. Not necessary, but oh-so-delicious!
Simple Guacamole Variations
We’re keeping things simple here, with a limited number of fresh ingredients. But if you crave any of these additions, go for it!
Dice up a jalapeno or another type of spicy pepper for a fresh kick! 🌶️
Garlic salt or garlic
Who doesn’t love a little garlic? 🧄
If fresh tomatoes are a must for you, go ahead and dice them up! 🍅
How to Make Simple Guacamole
Combine your diced avocados, finely chopped red onion, fresh lime juice, and chopped cilantro in a medium-sized bowl. Gently mash the ingredients together with a fork to reach the desired consistency, whether chunky or smooth. Season with salt to taste. Enjoy!
How to Store Guacamole
To keep your guac leftovers fresh and green (and not brown and icky-looking), then you’ll want to store the guacamole properly.
Here are some easy guacamole storage tips:
- Cover the top of the guacamole with plastic wrap, pressing it into the top of the guac so that there are no air bubbles.
- After the guac is in the desired storage container, gently cover the top with cold water before adding the lid on. Weird, right? Simply drain off the water and mix the guac back up when ready to use again.
Other Easy Mexican-Inspired Staples
Check out these simple Mexican recipes to round out your meal (…although guac is a completely acceptable main course if you want it to be!).
- Coconut Cilantro Rice is a unique way to add some pizzazz to your rice.
- Simply dump a bunch of ingredients into a slow cooker for this easy Pork Carnitas recipe.
- Need to find a way to spice up your chicken? Check out Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas for a super simple weeknight recipe.
- Finish your meal with a sweet and delicious Strawberry Smash Peach Margarita.
Did you make this recipe?
SHARE THE LOVE
If you made this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures! Thanks for following and cooking along with me.
This post may contain affiliate links, which mean that KJ and Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do.