The guac doesn’t cost extra around here! A simple 5 ingredients is all that you need to make your fresh guacamole dreams come true. The best guacamole recipe that is bright, flavorful and dip-worthy. Grab some chips and dunk right on in!
In our house, I’m the only person who eats guacamole, so this simple recipe speaks to my heart! It really is simply the best. A few simple ingredients that I can have on hand to quickly whip up a fresh bowl of guac works perfectly for me. Creamy avocados mixed together with vibrant cilantro (I even grew the cilantro I used!), bright lime juice, zesty red onion, and a pinch of salt or two. Time to bust out the chips!
All Things Guacamole
Since this guacamole recipe is short and sweet, it’s important to use quality ingredients! That way, all the flavors truly shine. Fresh lime juice is definitely worth it over the bottled stuff – same with the cilantro! Personally, I like to use flaky Maldon sea salt in my guac instead of regular salt. It is a more subtle salt flavor vs. in-your-face salt. Not necessary, but oh-so delicious!
Picking out avocados can seem like a daunting task. Are they ripe or not? Plus, one minute you look at them they aren’t ripe yet, then the next minute they are too far gone haha! Avocados can be finicky, so here is my tip for picking out the good ones:
- The skin is slightly soft to the touch and starting to turn a darker color.
- Remove the stem at the top to get a glimpse of the inside of the avocado without cutting into it – a nice, light green color is what you want!
Tips for Storing Guacamole
If you for some reason have leftovers of The Best Simple Guacamole, then storing it properly makes all the difference! Avocados are like bananas and start to turn brown the longer they are exposed to the air, but no one wants brown guac! Easy storage tips:
- Cover the top of the guacamole with plastic wrap, pressing it into the top of the guac so that there are no air bubbles. It can then be covered with a lid.
- After the guac is in the desired storage container, gently cover the top with cold water before adding the lid on. Weird, right? Simply drain off the water and mix the guac back up when ready to use again.
- Keep one of the pits and submerge it into the guac before covering with plastic wrap as mentioned above. I haven’t tried this method myself, but have heard it works well from others!
Whether you are whipping up The Best Simple Guacamole for a crowd or just for you, it is sure to please! A hassle-free recipe that is sure to disappear right before your eyes. Plus, it’s pretty dang healthy, too! How much better can it get?
Looking for other appetizer recipes? Check these out!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!
Recipe originally posted on 04/02/2019. It has since been updated.