Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are packed full of flavor! Tender pieces of chicken are marinated in a classic teriyaki marinade, skewered together with juicy pineapple and crunchy bell peppers and then grilled to perfection. A delicious recipe perfect for any dinner occasion!
- 2 pounds Smart Chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed into 2-inch pieces. About 4 chicken breasts total
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 6 fl oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1–2 inch pieces, about 1 whole medium pineapple
- 3 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kabob skewers
- Add the cubed chicken to a large bowl. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, onion powder and ground ginger until combined. Pour 2/3 of the marinade over the chicken, being careful to not contaminate the remaining 1/3 of the marinade.
- Gently mix the chicken in the marinade to get it completely covered and combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours in advance.
- Add the chopped pineapple and bell peppers to a bowl and pour the remaining marinade over top. Toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to building the kabobs. The marinade for this process can be kept in the refrigerator until needed if the chicken is marinating in advance.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Build the kabobs by evenly sliding pieces of chicken, pineapple and bell pepper onto the skewers. Arranging how you desire until all the ingredients have been used, but leaving room at the end of the skewers to be able to use as a handle to turn. Discard the used marinade.
- Place the kabobs on the grill and grill for about 5-8 minutes before flipping. Oven mitts or tongs work best for flipping the kabobs. Grill for another 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, reading an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Enjoy!
- Smart Chicken boneless, skinless chicken thighs can also be used for this recipe if dark meat is desired.
- Metal skewers work best for the kabobs, but wooden ones can also be used. They will need to be soaked according to package instructions to avoid burning.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 556
- Sugar: 20.9g
- Sodium: 2103mg
- Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 27.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 107g
- Cholesterol: 300mg
Keywords: Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs