Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are loaded full of chocolate and tahini goodness. Tahini is swirled into a classic chocolate chip cookie dough with dark chocolate chips. The cookie dough is pressed into a pan and baked until golden brown and delicious. Then, the cookies are cut into bars and drizzled with melted chocolate. Each bite is subtly nutty and perfectly chocolatey. They will disappear before your eyes!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup additional chocolate chips, melted for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, wiping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract and tahini.
- With the speed on low, mix in the flour, baking soda and salt until a cookie dough forms. Gently mix in the 11 oz bag of dark chocolate chips. Evenly press the cookie dough into the bottom of a greased and parchment paper lined 9×13 pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown brown and the center has set. Allow to cool completely.
- After the cookie has cooled completely, use the parchment paper to help you remove it from the pan. Evenly slice into about 2-inch long by 1-inch wide bars. Melt the additional chocolate for topping and drizzle the melted chocolate on the cookie bars, either on one corner or the whole bar. Let the melted chocolate cool and set completely before storage. Enjoy!
- For the additional chocolate for melting and topping, you can use either semi-sweet or dark chocolate.
- If you are decorating with sprinkles, do so right after you drizzle with the melted chocolate so that the sprinkles stick.
- If you don’t have tahini on hand, peanut butter is a great substitute!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes