Sweet Potato Taco Soup is a hearty, flavor-packed bowl of taco soup! Ground beef, taco seasonings, black beans and sweet potatoes are simmered together to create a delicious bowl of soup. Healthy, delicious and comforting all in one! A soup recipe that will warm you from the inside out!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 7 oz can diced green chiles
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- (2) 32 oz containers chicken stock
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the ground beef and loosely break apart. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes more until translucent.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, green chiles, black beans, sweet potatoes and chicken stock and gently stir to combine.
- Bring to a low boil and then allow to simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender and cooked through.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
- If making in a slow cooker, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic together in a skillet and then transfer to a slow cooker. Add in the remaining ingredients, stir to combine, cover with a lid and allow to cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Soups & Stews
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 373
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Fat: 12.1g
- Carbohydrates: 42.8g
- Fiber: 9.9g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: Sweet Potato Taco Soup