Sunday Pot Roast is the meal that you can smell without even making it. A chuck roast is cooked low and slow with onions, carrots, fresh rosemary and chopped garlic. Serve it on a bed of freshly mashed potatoes and you have one cozy meal! This is a slow-cooker dinner that you will want to have in your recipe box! And, of course, Sunday Pot Roast can be made any day of the week and for any dinner occasion!
- 3 1/2 pound chuck roast
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Place the roast into a large enough slow cooker. Nestle the onions, carrots and rosemary all around it. Sprinkle it with the seasoned salt and add in the Worcestershire sauce, chopped garlic and beef stock.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Enjoy!
- I love to use the au jus from the meat as a “gravy” when serving!
- If you have the time for it, you could also cook this on low for 8-10 hours.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours