Summer Corn & Tomato Gnocchi is a vibrant dish perfect for featuring fresh, summer produce! Sweet corn, tomatoes and garden-fresh basil come together in a buttery white wine sauce. Tossed together with fluffy gnocchi, a flavorful summer recipe is ready to go!
- 4 oz pancetta, cubed/chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz roma or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 1 pound gnocchi (not frozen preferably)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Add the pancetta to a large sauté pan over medium heat and sauté until slightly browned, about a few minutes. Remove the pancetta from the pan to a side plate for later use. Add the butter into the pan and allow to melt.
- Carefully add in the halved tomatoes, garlic and salt. Allow to sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are starting to cook down and caramelize a bit. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce the heat to low. Add in the fresh corn kernels. Simmer on low for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and add into the sauté pan along with the pancetta and basil. Gently toss to coat and combine all the ingredients together. Garnish with additional basil or parmesan cheese as desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe shines with summer-fresh produce, but can be made any time of the year!
- Try to find gnocchi in the dried pasta aisle vs. the frozen aisle for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 1129mg
- Fat: 19.3g
- Carbohydrates: 42.3g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 11.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
Keywords: Summer Corn & Tomato Gnocchi, Gnocchi