Strawberry Poppyseed Salad is a fresh, lightly sweet salad that is amazing as a side—or as the base of a main course.
Juicy red strawberries are tossed with crisp greens and a poppyseed-studded dressing with a light tang and a touch of honey.
Top with feta and candied walnuts for a crumble and crunch.
To make this salad the main course, dress it up with some grilled chicken and serve with a crusty baguette.
- 10 oz mixed salad greens
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pecans, halved or chopped
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup blush wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl or mason jar, whisk together the dijon mustard, honey, blush wine vinegar, avocado oil and poppyseeds until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad by placing the salad mix in a large bowl, topping with the strawberries, candied pecans and feta.
- Wait to dress the salad until directly prior to serving. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Enjoy!
- Easily make this recipe in advance by making the dressing and storing in an air-tight container in the refrigerator alongside the assembled salad. Wait to dress until prior to serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 11.4g
- Sodium: 242mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: Strawberry Poppyseed Salad