Strawberry Palomas are a fun, bright cocktail! Each glass is full of muddled strawberries, vibrant grapefruit juice, tequila and lemon-lime soda for the ultimate drink. Sit back, relax and sip down these delicious Palomas!
What is the Difference Between a Paloma and a Margarita?
If you’re like me, you may be thinking, “Aren’t Palomas and margaritas the same?” Great question! Even though they are both made with tequila, there are some differences. Let’s break down the difference between a Paloma and a margarita:
Palomas are tequila based with grapefruit juice and sparkling water or lemon-lime soda for a fizzy effect. Whereas, margaritas are tequila based along with an orange liqueur and lime juice.
How do you choose a favorite? Well, it’s a good thing we don’t have to! Palomas and Margaritas are both delicious and iconic in their own ways.
Looking for a margarita recipe? Check these out!
Strawberry Paloma Ingredients
Making a fun, delicious cocktail at home shouldn’t require a lot of hassle. That’s why I developed these Strawberry Palomas to be short and sweet. Here’s the ingredients you will need:
- Fresh strawberries – I usually do 2-3 strawberries per glass depending on how large the strawberries are! Cutting them into chunks will help when you are muddling them.
- Grapefruit juice – You can find this in most grocery stores, but my go-to is always Trader Joe’s grapefruit juice!
- Tequila – We always have a bottle of Silver Tequila in our cupboards for occasions like these.
- Lemon-Lime Soda – Sprite is always stocked in my garage refrigerator, but other brands will work great too!
- Ice – Cubed or crushed – whatever your preference is! Mine is crushed.
Looking to make that paloma pop?! Add on some garnishes! Beautify your cocktail with simple ingredients that are already in the drink itself:
- Lime wedges
- Lemon wedges/rings
- Grapefruit wedges/rings
- Salted glass rim – try pink Himalayan salt for extra color!
Strawberry Palomas are the perfect cocktail for so many different occasions. Date night, parties, taco night, girls night….the list could go on and on! Try one out for yourself to see what all the hype is about.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!