S’mores Hot Chocolate is the ultimate hot chocolate recipe! All the classic flavors of a s’mores in a glass. Chocolate and cocoa powder swirl into warm milk flavored with almond and vanilla extract. Poured into a graham-cracker rimmed glass, the hot chocolate is then topped with toasted marshmallows for the ultimate s’mores effect.
- 4 cups milk
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (baking bar or chips)
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 oz crushed graham crackers (one pack of graham crackers)
- Marshmallows for topping (regular, little or big)
- Pour the milk into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a low simmer and whisk in 4 oz of the semi-sweet chocolate (about half a cup) and the cocoa powder until smooth. Being careful to not let the milk boil. Turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla and almond extract.
- To make the chocolate dipped, graham cracker rims, melt the remaining 4 oz of semi-sweet chocolate on a plate in the microwave for about 45 seconds, or until melted. Pour the crushed graham crackers out on a separate plate. Working with one mug at a time, swirl the rim in the melted chocolate and then dip into the crushed graham crackers to coat. Let the rims set for a couple minutes prior to filling the mug with the hot chocolate.
- Serve with roasted marshmallows on top.
- To roast the marshmallows inside, use one of these methods: gas stovetop burner, oven broiler (place on a baking sheet lined with foiled and sprayed so they don’t stick) or kitchen torch.
- Any preference of milk can be used, but I would not recommend going any lower than 2% milk for this recipe.
- Make ahead and keep warm over the stove or in a slow cooker for serving a crowd. Make the graham cracker rimmed glasses in advance so that guests can ladle up their own glasses and top with marshmallows.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 36.1g
- Sodium: 167mg
- Fat: 17.7g
- Carbohydrates: 49.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: S'mores Hot Chocolate