This soup is everything that you want in a bowl to fill you from the inside out. The smoked turkey gives it a wonderful, velvety-smooth broth that is so deep in flavor that people are going to think you slaved away on it for hours. But in reality, this soup is quick and easy to throw together.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 13 oz smoked turkey sausage, cut into 3/4 inch rounds
- 2 –32oz containers chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the bottom of a deep stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Lightly saute the onion until translucent but not browned, about a couple minutes. Add in the turkey sausage rounds and saute for a few minutes more.
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir to combine the onions and sausage with the stock. Add in the sweet potato, oregano, rosemary, garlic and stir to combine. Bring the soup to a low boil and let it slowly boil for about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and allow the soup to simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. Just like any soup, the longer that it gets to simmer, the more condensed and flavorful it will be.
- Stir in the fresh spinach about 5 minutes prior to serving. Allowing it to wilt down. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker. Simply combine all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook for desired amount of time.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes