Smoked Beef Short Ribs are finger-lickin’ good! Short ribs are rubbed down in a homemade spice rub, smoked low and slow and smothered with bbq sauce. The result is a fall-apart tender, melt-in-your mouth beef short rib that you won’t be able to keep your hands off of! Meaty, saucy, smoky and downright scrumptious.
- 6 pounds Certified Piedmontese Beef Short Ribs (about 4 short ribs)
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Preheat your smoker to 200 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, brown sugar, paprika and onion powder until smooth. Cover the short ribs completely with the prepared sauce.
- Place the short ribs directly on the smoker grates and smoke for 3 hours.
- Up the heat to 250 degrees. Then, either wrap the short ribs in foil or place them in a foil baking pan, cover with foil and place back on the smoker. I find it easier to use the foil baking pans. Smoke for 2 hours.
- Unwrap the ribs from the foil and smother them with the bbq sauce. If the meat is already starting to fall off the bone, use the foil as a base so they are easier to transport. Place back on the smoker for another 30 minutes.
- Serve either Dino-rib style, or shred the meat off the bone. Enjoy!
- I like to use hickory wood pellets for this recipe.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
- Category: Smoked Recipes
- Method: Smoking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 547
Keywords: Smoked Beef Short Ribs