Smoked Beef Short Ribs are finger-lickin’ good! Short ribs are rubbed down in a homemade spice rub, smoked low and slow and smothered with bbq sauce. The result is a fall-apart tender, melt-in-your mouth beef short rib that you won’t be able to keep your hands off of! Meaty, saucy, smoky and downright scrumptious.
This post and recipe is sponsored by Certified Piedmontese. All words and photographs are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make KJ & Company possible!
Beef Short Ribs
Beef short ribs are 1000% worth it. Meaty and packed full of flavor! I love cooking with short ribs, and smoking them is no different. The end result was completely drool-worthy. Short ribs are surprisingly fool-proof. So don’t be afraid of them! The main thing that they need: time. But, trust me, they are worth all the time they need!
“Certified Piedmontese Short Ribs, better known as Dino Ribs, are the perfect bone-in beef ribs to braise or smoke to tender perfection. Impress your dinner guests with this show-stopping presentation of fork-tender and juicy Piedmontese breed short ribs!
All Certified Piedmontese beef is verified all-natural and raised without hormones or antibiotics.”
What Sets Certified Piedmontese Beef Apart
Certified Piedmontese isn’t just any other beef brand that you may think. They have such a unique, healthy and appealing way that they operate. Let’s dive into the details on what sets Certified Piedmontese apart from the others:
- Their cows come from the rare Piedmontese breed of cattle from Italy – less than 1% of cattle in the United States are Piedmontese, but Certified Piedmontese has the largest herd of these cattle.
- The beef is naturally healthier, but does not sacrifice on flavor and tenderness.
- The beef has fewer calories, less fat and higher protein per ounce than beef from other breeds.
- The cattle are raised naturally without hormones, antibiotics or steroids – and on ranches here in the Midwest!
- You get the taste of real beef since it is naturally cleaner and leaner.
- Certified Piedmontese has a ranch-to-fork process that ensures traceability, environmental sustainability and humane handling.
Now, I don’t know about you guys, but COUNT ME IN! Not only are all of those amazing qualities of the Certified Piedmontese brand enough to get you on board, but tasting their product will have you hooked for life. I sure am!
It’s time to bring out the smoker! Smoking these short ribs low and slow creates a fall-apart tender rib. Start off by placing the ribs straight on the smoker grates. Let them do their thing for a few hours without being disturbed. Then, wrap them in foil (or in a foil roasting pan covered in foil) and place back on the smoker. Lastly, uncover the ribs, smother them in bbq sauce and let them get all sorts of sticky on the smoker. Finger-lickin’ good!
Here’s my current smoker setup:
How to Serve
When it comes to serving these short ribs, there’s a couple ways to go about it:
- Dino rib style – dig in just like you would with ribs! A great way to feed a crowd as well. With the size of these ribs, factor about 1 maybe 2 ribs per person.
- Shred the meat off the bone – this option is also great because then the short rib meat can be used for so many different things. Tacos, burritos, short rib mac n cheese, salad topping, soups, stews, pasta sauces – the possibilities are endless!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!