Smoked BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings is an appetizer that is the best of both worlds! Sweet bbq sauce is swirled with hot and tangy buffalo sauce to make each chicken wing the perfect bite. Smoky, tangy, sweet and spicy crispy chicken wings that will disappear before your eyes!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees. Generously pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and coat completely with the seasoned salt. Smoke for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the bbq sauce, buffalo sauce and brown sugar until smooth. Transfer the chicken wings to a large bowl and raise the smoker heat to 400 degrees. Pour the sauce over the wings and gently toss to coat completely.
- Place the chicken wings back onto the 400 degree smoker and smoke for another 15-20 minutes, or until they the sauce has caramelized. Serve with desired dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- I like to use a hickory wood pellet for these wings. Apple would work great as well!
- Since buffalo sauce has quite a bit of heat, I like to use a neutral to sweet bbq sauce. If you like a lot of heat, then you could use a bbq sauce that has some kick to it.
- You can serve these wings with Ranch dressing, bleu cheese dressing, carrots and celery if desired!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour