Smoked BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings is an appetizer that is the best of both worlds! Sweet bbq sauce is swirled with hot and tangy buffalo sauce to make each chicken wing the perfect bite. Smoky, tangy, sweet and spicy crispy chicken wings that will disappear before your eyes! If you ask me, this is one of the best ways to serve up chicken wings. I may be a little biased, but they are pretty darn irresistible!
One thing that I love the most is the heat factor on these chicken wings. Each chicken wing has just the right amount of spice and heat that will make you want to go back for another bite, but not so much that you feel like your lips are on fire. Mixing the buffalo sauce with bbq sauce and brown sugar is what creates this beautiful affect. Buffalo sauce and bbq sauce were meant to be together!
Cooking these wings on the smoker infuses such a deep amount of flavor into the chicken wings. That decadent smoke flavor is another element that keeps you going back for another bite.
When my mom was helping me photograph these, we could barely keep our hands off long enough for me to snap some pictures!
Whether you serve these wings up just the way they are, or with some ranch or bleu cheese dressing, they will be gone before you know it! They are perfect as an appetizer, game day food or just to have some wings!
PS: want to know a funny food photographer hack? When I went to fridge for some Ranch dressing, I realized John had used up the last of it. I quickly whipped together some sour cream and dried dill and it did the trick!
Smoked BBQ Buffalo Chicken Wings is an appetizer that is the best of both worlds! Sweet bbq sauce is swirled with hot and tangy buffalo sauce to make each chicken wing the perfect bite. Smoky, tangy, sweet and spicy crispy chicken wings that will disappear before your eyes!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees. Generously pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and coat completely with the seasoned salt. Smoke for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the bbq sauce, buffalo sauce and brown sugar until smooth. Transfer the chicken wings to a large bowl and raise the smoker heat to 400 degrees. Pour the sauce over the wings and gently toss to coat completely.
- Place the chicken wings back onto the 400 degree smoker and smoke for another 15-20 minutes, or until they the sauce has caramelized. Serve with desired dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- I like to use a hickory wood pellet for these wings. Apple would work great as well!
- Since buffalo sauce has quite a bit of heat, I like to use a neutral to sweet bbq sauce. If you like a lot of heat, then you could use a bbq sauce that has some kick to it.
- You can serve these wings with Ranch dressing, bleu cheese dressing, carrots and celery if desired!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!