Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies are just that: a small batch of chocolate chip cookies! A brown sugar cookie dough is studded with just the right amount of chocolate chips and baked to golden brown perfection. The best cookie recipe for when you need a cookie fix without having a whole bunch leftover!
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Wipe down the sides of the bowl, add in the egg and mix on low speed until combined. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until a cookie dough forms. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips. Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough out onto a non-greased cookie sheet. Making sure to place them a few inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes, or until the centers have set and the cookies are slightly golden brown. Let the cookies cool sightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing them in an air-tight container.
- I like to cook 6 cookies per standard baking sheet size at a time so that you don’t run the risk of the cookies baking into each other.