Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken is a simple, delicious and fool-proof way to cook a whole chicken! Loaded full of fresh citrus and herbs, this chicken for sure doesn’t lack flavor! All you need are a few ingredients and a little bit of time. The perfect recipe for a flavorful, moist chicken!
- (1) 4 to 5 pound whole chicken, giblets removed
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 10 sprigs (a small bundle) of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Layer the onion in the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the onion and arrange the lemon slices, orange slices, rosemary, thyme and garlic around the chicken.
- Evenly sprinkle the top of the chicken with the seasoned salt. Place the 2 tablespoon slices of butter on top of the chicken. Cover with the lid.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours depending on the amount of time that you have. Enjoy!
- This chicken can be served so many different ways! Serve it whole as a statement piece, sliced or carved, or shredded!
- If serving whole on a platter, you can arrange additional slices of citrus and fresh herbs around it to make it extra fancy!
- An au jus can easily be made from the drippings in the bottom of the slow cooker to serve alongside the chicken! Strain the drippings and simmer on the stove top in a sauce pan for a little bit to allow it to reduce slightly.