Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken is a simple, delicious and fool-proof way to cook a whole chicken! Loaded full of fresh citrus and herbs, this chicken for sure doesn’t lack flavor! All you need are a few ingredients and a little bit of time. The perfect recipe for a flavorful, moist chicken!
How to Make a Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken
Cooking a whole chicken can seem like a daunting tast, but utilizing your slow cooker is one of the best, fool-proof ways! Since the chicken is cooked low and slow over time, it turns out perfectly tender and flavorful. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Cut up your citrus and onion. Place the onions on the bottom of the slow cooker for the chicken to rest on.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker on top of the onions and arrange the citrus pieces all around followed by the fresh herbs and garlic.
- Season the top of the chicken with seasoned salt, a couple tablespoons of butter and cover with the lid.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours depending on how much time you have! Either way, it will be delicious!
Tips for serving this Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken:
Chicken itself is such a versatile ingredient, and this dish is no different! Here are some ways that you can serve this chicken:
- Whole as a statement dish – gently put it on a platter with more fresh herbs and citrus arranged all around it for an extra touch!
- Carved – slice it up and serve. I recommend making an au jus from the drippings leftover in the slow cooker from the chicken to serve alongside the sliced chicken.
- Shredded – put a spin on your taco night! Some fun topping ideas would be a mango salsa, crumbled feta, goat or cojita cheese and avocado!
With Easter right around the corner, I think this Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken would be a great main course! Since we are gathering in smaller crowds these days, you will most likely only need one chicken. But, we have served these for Easter before and made a couple to feed a crowd and it worked perfect! Looking for a side dish to serve along side this chicken? Check out all my side dishes here!
Whether you’re serving this Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken for a special occassion or just to get dinner on the table, you won’t be disappointed! Loaded full of fresh, vibrant flavors, this chicken is bound to be a family favorite.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!