Sink your spoon into warm Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake and you’ll be transported to chocolate heaven.
This fudgy lava cake is baked in a slow cooker for an indulgently decadent dessert that doesn’t require a ton of work. It’s perfect for a party, romantic date, or a fun girls’ night.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting down the sides and get ready for an intensely chocolatey experience.
- 1 cup brewed coffee, hot
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3.9 oz packet chocolate pudding, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coffee and cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, vegetable oil and eggs until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla extract and the coffee and cocoa mixture until combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in with the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth and there are no clumps.
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Evenly pour the cake batter into the slow cooker.
- Top the cake batter with the prepared pudding and chocolate chips.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours. Start checking it around the 2 hour mark to make sure that it is not cooking too fast. The center should jiggle but be mostly set when moved.
- Remove from the heat immediately and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Want to go extra indulgent? Prepare the pudding with either whole milk or heavy cream. The mixture will be thick and will need to be dolloped onto the cake batter.
- Every slow cooker cooks differently, so keep an eye out that the cake is not cooking too fast.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 651
- Sugar: 58.4g
- Fat: 30.3g
- Carbohydrates: 98.3g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Protein: 8.1g
Keywords: Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake