Slow Cooker Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a comforting classic! Chicken thighs and wild rice are cooked low and slow with vegetables, herbs and chicken bone broth until perfectly decadent. Grab a bowl and ladle yourself some Chicken & Wild Rice Soup straight from the slow cooker!
- 1 1/2 pounds Smart Chicken Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenders or Breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup chopped carrot (baby carrots work perfect for this)
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- (3) 16.9 oz Smart Chicken Organic Classic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken, onion, celery, carrot and wild rice into the bottom of a slow cooker. Add in the bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, oregano, garlic and salt.
- Pour in the bone broth and gently stir to combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred with a couple forks. Add the shredded chicken back into the soup, pour in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine and melt the cheese. Season to taste if needed and enjoy!
- Stovetop instructions: Add all of the ingredients except for the heavy cream and cheese to a large pot. Simmer on low heat for about 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken, shred and add back in. Pour in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Simmer on low heat for another 15-20 minutes, or until the soup has thickened and the rice is cooked through.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Soups & Stews
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 556
- Fat: 14.9g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 96g
Keywords: Slow Cooker Chicken & Wild Rice Soup