Imagine it’s dinnertime. You walk to the kitchen and take the lid off your slow cooker to find piping hot Italian chicken meatballs covered in marinara sauce with cheese bubbling on top. Dinner’s ready to go.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are perfect if you’re craving chicken parmesan—but don’t want to go to all the work of breading and cooking chicken breasts. It’s an easy weeknight dinner and perfect for serving a large group of people. These meatballs would also be an amazing dish to take to a potluck or serve as an appetizer at a party.
Simply mix up the meatballs, throw them in your Crockpot, and the slow cooker does all the hard work for you.
Serve these Italian-inspired meatballs on pasta, couscous, creamy polenta, or on some buns for meatball subs! However you serve them up, they’re sure to be a hit.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the ground chicken to a large bowl with the egg, parmesan cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs, ricotta cheese and seasonings. Use your fingers to gently mix the meatball mixture together until it has just formed, being careful to not over-mix.
- Roll the meatballs into 2-inch round meatballs and place into the sauce in the slow cooker. Cover the meatballs with the remaining sauce and cover with a lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Within the last 15 minutes of cooking, remove the lid and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese cheese over the top. Put the lid back on and cook for the remaining 15 minutes. Serve with spaghetti, pasta, couscous or polenta. Enjoy!
- How to serve: serve spooned over your favorite pasta, creamy polenta, couscous or as meatball sandwiches!
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 14.8g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 40.7g
Keywords: Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Meatballs