Slow Cooker Beef Ragu is a comforting, family-friendly dinner. Beef stew meat is cooked low and slow in a tomato sauce loaded full of herbs and garlic to create the perfect ragu. The beef is so tender that it just falls apart as you lightly shred it. Serve over your favorite pasta for a delicious dinner that you won’t be able to resist!
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 24 oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce, this is mine!
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add all of the ingredients together in a slow cooker and gently stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours until the meat is fall-apart tender. Use two forks to gently shred the meat in the sauce, leaving some pieces larger than others for variety.
- Serve over your choice of pasta and topped with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Beef stew meat or cubed chuck roast is the best meat to use for this recipe.
- Use your favorite pasta sauce for this recipe! This is one I always keep stocked – it’s not too acidic!
- Leftovers of this dish re-heat very nicely!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours