Simple Smoked Pulled Pork is a classic smoker recipe to have up your sleeve! This pulled pork recipe is every bit of succulent, smoky and lip-smacking good. A Boston Butt Pork Roast is coated in a homemade seasoning rub and smoked until the meat is fall-off-the-bone tender. A simple recipe that delivers all the flavor!
- 6 pound boston butt pork roast
- 1/4 cup seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the seasoned salt, paprika, brown sugar and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Generously season all sides of the pork roast and place it directly on the smoker, uncovered. Smoke for 3 hours. After three hours, carefully transfer the pork roast to 9×13 aluminum foil pan and cover tightly with heavy-duty foil. Place the wrapped pork roast back onto the smoker and smoke for another 3 hours.
- Remove the pork from the smoker, uncover and use a couple forks to gently pull apart. Toss the pulled pork in the the juices from the bottom of the pan. Serve as-is or with your favorite bbq sauce.
- Hickory, Apple or Mesquite wood pellets would all work well with this recipe
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours