Simple Roasted Turkey is a hassle-free turkey recipe! With no brining required, the turkey is rubbed down with a garlic herb butter and roasted until perfectly golden brown. Make roasting a turkey a breeze with this Simple Roasted Turkey recipe! Perfect main dish for any holiday table.
- 14–15 pound turkey, defrosted
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, very soft
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 large onion, quartered
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Pat the turkey dry with a paper towel. Pour the chicken stock and the onion pieces into the bottom of a large roasting pan with a wire rack. Place the turkey on top of the wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, rosemary, thyme, seasoned salt and garlic until smooth. Use your hands to evenly rub the turkey down with the butter mixture.
- Loosely cover the turkey with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil, baste the turkey with the juices from the bottom of the pan and bake for 2-3 hours, basting occasionally until an internal temperature of 165 is reached in the thickest part of the turkey meat.
- Allow the turkey to rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- A meat thermometer is the easiest way to know when the turkey is done – an internal temperature of 165 degrees should be reached.
- Make sure the turkey is completely and properly defrosted prior to baking.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 480
Keywords: Simple Roasted Turkey