Simple Chocolate Pudding is a chocolate dessert so good that you won’t be able to resist it! All you need is a few simple ingredients to make this pudding: milk, corn starch, semi-sweet chocolate, butter and vanilla extract. Whip up a quick batch of this classically good chocolate pudding and get ready for a delicious treat!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bar, such as Ghiradelli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings for serving if desired
- Add the sugar, corn starch and salt together in a medium-sized saucepan. Whisk together until clump-free. Slowly whisk in the milk to avoid clumps until completely combined.
- Put the saucepan over low heat and allow it to slowly come to a low simmer, whisking occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. Once it just starts to bubble and has thickened (about 5-8 minutes), turn off the heat and whisk in the chocolate, vanilla and butter until smooth.
- Serve the chocolate pudding warm, or pour into individual glasses/bowls and refrigerate for a couple hours until set. Either way, serve with additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired.
- Whole or 2% milk work great for this recipe.
- If you want a more intense chocolate flavor, try using dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate!
- You can serve this pudding warm or cold. It also keeps well in the refrigerator!