Simple Beef Enchiladas are classically delicious. Chipotle-spiced beef and shredded cheese are rolled up into a tortilla and nestled into a bed of enchilada sauce. Topped with more enchilada sauce and cheese, the enchiladas are baked until perfectly bubbly. Simple Beef Enchiladas are a delicious dinner ready in under an hour!
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 standard-size tortillas
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- (2) 10 oz cans mild enchilada sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add in the ground hamburger and cook until browned, about 5 or so minutes, stirring and breaking it up occasionally. Add in the the garlic, chipotle powder and salt and sauté for a couple minutes more.
- Pour one can of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Set aside half of the cheese to be used for topping. Evenly split the browned hamburger between all the tortillas. Placing the ground hamburger in the center of each tortilla, topping with some of the other half of the cheese and then rolling it up and placing it crease side down into the prepared pan. Repeat until all the meat and tortillas have been used.
- Pour the second can of enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas. Evenly sprinkle with the cheese that you set aside. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- I would recommend using either an 80/20 or 90/10 ratio for your ground hamburger.
- Flour or corn tortillas can be used – whatever your preference is!
- Shredded cheddar works perfectly in this recipe, but you could also use a shredded Mexican blend as well!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes