Santa’s Cocoa may not be for the little elves, but it sure is a jolly mug of cocoa! Milk and semi-sweet chocolate are simmered together until smooth and creamy. Then, creamy cocoa liqueur and peppermint Schnapps are whisked in. Dip the rims of your favorite mugs into melted chocolate and crushed candy canes, then pour the creamy cocoa into the mugs. Top with plenty of whipped cream and more crushed candy canes. You’ll want to snuggle up with this mug of cocoa!
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking bar chopped
- 3/4 cup cocoa cream liqueur
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup peppermint Schnapp’s depending on strength desired
- Chocolate-rimmed mugs
- Crushed candy canes
- Whipped cream
- In a small sauce pan, bring the milk to a low simmer over low heat. Whisk in the chocolate chips until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa liqueur and peppermint Schnapp’s and remove from the heat.
- Pour the cocoa into your desired mugs, top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes. Enjoy!
- To make the chocolate-rimmed mugs: melt 1/2 cup of chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Flip the mugs upside down and the rims into melted chocolate. Follow by dipping the chocolate rims quickly into some crushed candy canes.
- Make a kid-friendly version by omitting the alcoholic components and adding in a few drops of peppermint extract instead.
- To serve a crowd, double the recipe to fit how many people you need to serve, make as directed above in a large stock pot, then pour into a slow cooker to keep warm, or keep it warm on the stove.