Rocky Road Skillet Brownie is a dreamy mixture of chocolate, marshmallows and nuts! All the classic rocky road ingredients are folded into a decadent brownie batter and cooked until perfectly gooey. Every bite is loaded full of chocolate, mallow, nutty goodness! Top off a warm brownie with a scoop of cold ice cream and you have a match made in heaven.
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, plus 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, plus 1/2 cup for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until nice and glossy. In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs until they are foamy on top. Whisk the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until a smooth brownie batter forms. Add in 1 cup each of the chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and mini marshmallows and stir to combine. Transfer the batter into a greased cast iron skillet and smooth to an even top.
- Evenly top the prepared skillet brownie with the remaining chocolate chips, walnuts and mini marshmallows as a topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the brownie center has set or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. If you want extra fudgy brownies, take them out around the 25-28 minute mark.
- Let the brownies cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have the time or ingredients to make a homemade brownie batter, your favorite box mix brownie works great as well!
- Dutch processed cocoa powder or regular cocoa powder can be used.
- A greased 9×9 pan can also be used in place of a skillet if desired.
- Let the brownies cool completely before storing in an air-tight container or bag.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes